Scott & I had a fun-filled weekend. I started out the weekend by making a commerative red, white and blue star shaped fruit pizza. And then I proceeded to eat the entire thing by myself! I'm glad now I opted for the small pan. Eating well went out the window this weekend.

We spent most of the weekend with Scott's co-resident Nicole and her fiance, Dustin. Dustin was visiting from Oklahoma. We started out at a local brewery in Rocky River and let me tell you I think their specialty brew is ice water with lemon, I had to have 5 of them! But really, we will be visiting again after December so that I can try their Peanut Butter brew. Sounds so weird I think it may be really good. After the brewery, we watched the fireworks at Crocker Park.
Nicole & Dustin
Sunday morning, as we were walking out the door for church I realized Scott & I were coordinated in 4th of July colors so of course I had to capture the moment and our missing "white" had to join the picture too.
Sunday we spent the day wandering around the beaches of the area to see what they were all about. I never felt the water, but Scott said it was a lot warmer than Lake Michigan. Of course, it doesn't take much to be warmer than freezing! That night we saw the best firework show we've ever seen. After 30 minutes and what appeared to be the finale, they proceeded to have 3 more "finales". It was awesome!
We finished the long weekend by seeing Grown-ups on Monday. It was pretty funny. After the movie though, we both came home and crashed. I blamed my exhaustion on the pregnancy, Scott's excuse was that he's too old now!
It's crazy to think that we'll be in Oklahoma this time next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment