Random thoughts for this snowy Wednesday:
Thanksgiving
Scott and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We spent the day with a couple families from church. I definitely got all southern on these midwesterners by bringing sweet potato casserole and pecan pie! Both were a hit. We are thankful for so many things this year. Here's a portion of our list: our family and friends, our awesome church family who has welcomed us with open arms, our upcoming bundle of joy-great pregnancy & that I only have 3 weeks left, Scott's finally finished with school and most importantly for our faith, God and our salvation for without Him nothing else would be possible.
Pregnancy
I think I'm hitting the "uncomfortable" stage; however, I ironically write that on a day I feel great. Not the case yesterday though. Definitely starting to have more Braxton Hicks contractions and lots of cramping in my back. Also, I'm now checking myself in the mirror every time I cook, bake and eat. After many incidents of spilling food on myself and not knowing, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Residency
Scott's on call again this week and I still turn my head every time he gets a page and answers by saying, "This is Dr. Kochenower". Weird! I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.
Friends
Looks like it's going to be a busy May; 2 weddings and a baby. I'm so happy for them; such a wonderfully exciting time in each of their lives and all of their friends and family too.
And as I write this my absolute favorite Christmas song of all time "O Holy Night" is on.
No comments:
Post a Comment