My very first Mother's Day weekend began with a typical motherly emotion...worry. Brett decided on Friday night he didn't want his bottle and then only ate 12 oz on Saturday. He was acting happy as can be, sleeping well and was never running a temperature, so I assumed teething. I was so worried about him though that I had Scott set up the Pack-N-Play next to our bed so he could be in there with us all night.
On Sunday morning, I woke up to a cuddly baby and the most wonderful cards. Since Brett was feeling better we decided to head over to Crocker Park for breakfast, I was in the mood for Eggs Benedict. Of course though when we got there the wait was 1hr 30 mins...ummm yeah right, I didn't need Eggs Benedict that badly. So we took a few pics and then went to another restaurant, in which I thought it was necessary to have 10,000 calories in 30 mintues. I started with a caramel mocha, then our sweet waitress decided she didn't make it with enough chocolate so she brought me another one. Then I had to order the Blueberry Cream pancakes with syrup and a side of bacon. All followed up with a slice of coconut cream pie to go. I may have taken the celebration overboard!

Because I insisted on having dessert for breakfast I thought a nice walk in the metropark would surely counteract all that I had just eaten.

Overall, it was a wonderful day spent with my favorite people. The beautiful sunshine was just an added bonus.

No comments:
Post a Comment