Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Well I should have knocked harder on the wood! The week did not get any better and the weekend had a rocky start. Scott didn't get home until 10pm on Friday night and then had to back in to the hospital Saturday morning/early afternoon. We did manage to have a date night Saturday night with no "beep-beep's". We went out to a steakhouse and it almost killed me inside when I ordered my steak medium-well. In my mind there's only one way to cook a good steak and that's medium-rare, but apparently the pregnancy guru's don't agree. After we were finished eating our waitress came up to me and said, "Okay, now that you're sitting back I can see your pregnant, Congratulations!" Anyway we talked for a bit and then she said I was the most beautiful pregnant woman she's ever seen. Of course I was flattered, but I also wanted to say of course everyone is beautiful when they're barely showing; face, ankles, and hands aren't swollen and I am still wearing a non-maternity dress; how about I come back in 20 weeks when I'm huge and swollen and see if she thinks the same thing then! Scott thought I should have played with her and told her I wasn't pregant just to see her facial expression...now that would have just been mean. Anyway, no pics from our date night.

And of course, Sunday, Scott's last day on call did not start off any better. As we're sitting in church his pager goes off, so after the service we took off to the hospital. I decided to go with him since I had never seen the hospital and where he works. We managed to get back in time to check out one of the Cleveland Metroparks: Bradley Woods Reservation. We took Bailey along and she loved it! There are several metroparks around the Cleveland area and I can't wait to go back when the leaves are turning, I'm sure it's beautiful.

Here's a picture of the bull frog we saw. You can see his head popping out of the water.

Me & Bailey
Scott & Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment