Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baby and The City

Last weekend we took Brett on his very first road trip to visit friends in Chicago. Scott and I have wanted to go visit one last time before moving back to Oklahoma and we were finally able to find the time. Brett did so well. We stopped once to feed and change him there and back and the whole time we were in the car he slept. Now if only our drive home will be that easy in June (wishful thinking)!

We were tourists all over again, we took Brett to Giordano's for a some deep-dish pizza, did a little shopping and walked around the parks. Hopefully, one day we'll make it back when he's older to show him all around where mommy and daddy once lived (I think living in Chicago will make us exceptionally cooler in his eyes).

I realized on this trip how much I missed the city, but at the same time I'm happy to be where we are now. I'll always miss the skyline, the lights, all the excitement and the city life in general, but I will not miss high-rise living, the "L", cabs and the cold! It was March, it should be at least pleasant.

Chicago will always have a special place in my heart. We made wonderful friends and lot of great memories that I will always cherish!

No comments:

Post a Comment