Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cry Baby

You may think judging by the title I'm calling my 3 month old a cry baby, but you'd be wrong. I'm talking about this baby's momma...(I guess I could just say myself, but sometimes it's fun to talk in third person). I now take all those snickers and rolls of the eye that I gave my mom for crying about us girls back. It's true, having a baby makes even the most none emotional person (again referring to myself) watery eyed. And why is it that the things I choose to cry about are the things that I'm most happy about? I cried when we moved Brett from our room to his room, the first time he smiled and then the other day when he laughed for the first time. And it makes me want to cry knowing that my little baby is already 3 months old!

I guess all I can say to myself in this instance is welcome to motherhood and to a lifetime of tears-happy and sad! And yes, Brett, justa wait you too will be embarrassed of all my crying, but I will say to you what my mom said to me, "Just wait until you become a parent."


2 comments:

  1. You could not have said it better! I feel or have felt all of those ways before!!

    ReplyDelete